5.05.2009

Always a fish sandwich.

My grandpa Stanfield passed away last Wednesday morning after fighting with cancer for about a year. Even though we knew he was getting worse, it was still very hard to hard to deal with all of it. I was thankful to have Andrew visiting for a few days during that time to give me comfort. It felt good to be out in the sun.




Last night after the funeral I was writing down things I didn't want to forget about my grandpa. One was that he always called my grandma "Pete". I've never known why and I will probably never ask.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Cher. Grandparents are such very special, irreplaceable people. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    I know firsthand how hard it is to get used to not having them around, but do know that the unique memories you have of and with your grandpa will continue to make you smile (and even produce an unexpected laugh sometimes) through the tears.

    I'm so glad your wonderful fiancé was here with you. I know have nowhere near the same appeal/amazing beard, but in his absence I promise to always be around if ever you need support (be it in shoulder or pastry form).

    ReplyDelete