7.27.2010

Out of Place.


Andrew and I got the chance to see the documentary Out of Place over the weekend. Our Saturday morning coffee and bagels were interrupted by the announcement that it would be playing at the Cedar Lee within the hour and since we were already in the area without much to do we decided to go and I'm really glad we did. It's a fantastic little window into the lives of unique locals making the best of what we have. 

The photo below is one I snapped a couple of years ago of one of the surfers. It was one of the first "warm" (I was still wearing multiple layers and a winter hat) days in the month before spring and some friends and I had gone to Edgewater Park to have a cookout and fly kites. It was incredibly windy at the lake and we were surprised by a sudden downpour. But throughout that the surfers kept surfing. It was the first time I had seen them at the beach and it was pretty incredible. 


I don't like to hear people say bad things about the city I live in. Especially because I know that it has so much to offer if you take the time to find it. Because who would have ever thought that you could find surfers in Cleveland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment