7.13.2007

Schreckengost.

My time working with the Viktor Schreckengost foundation was undeniably the best, and most rewarding, experience I've had so far as an artist. Not only was I working to recreate an icon in art history, but I was also learning so much about the artist himself. I feel very privledged to have met Vik on several occaisions and to be welcomed into his home which housed a museum's worth of his work.









The last image is a recreation of the New Yorker parabolic jazz bowl. I believe it's actually one of the ones that I worked on. The photographs of the original bowls don't show off the design well enough.

I really miss the feel of carving into that pottery. It was relaxation at it's finest.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, I've never worked with any names... not that there really are any philosophers alive that are named, but I love the way the New Yorker jazz bowl looks, it has that feel of rough brass instruments and smooth piano held together by a steady drum beat.

    Well, I have to go to class, take care!
    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, can you please tell me the name of the piece 3rd down in your post? I'm trying to find a print of it. (or at least where you found the image?) thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not remember the name of this particular piece, but at one point I got the image from the gallery at ViktorSchreckengost.org. I am pretty sure this particular image is not sold as a print.

    ReplyDelete