12.27.2008

Found art.

I spotted this splatter of aqua paint while I was walking home from the auto repair shop the other morning. I thought the contrast of it against the concrete wall was very lovely. In a way, I think the explosive/uncontrolled nature of it is very reflective of my past week. There are a lot of things happening in my life right now that are hard for me to control and are leaving me feeling slightly helpless. A tiny kitten with a cold and ringworm who has to be confined to my bathroom 24/7. A Volvo who failed E-check once and cost me $709 in repairs only to fail once again. Rumors of possible job loss in my future. Yet all of it is somehow balanced out by a wonderful holiday spent with my family and the anticipation of Andrew's arrival this week.

It's all a matter of prayer and trust.

1 comment:

  1. how wise you are, my dear.

    may the lord bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete