1.03.2010

Top 10 of '09.


According to my LastFM account, these are my top 10 artists of the past year. I'd say it's probably pretty accurate, although I don't remember listening to Kaki King that much. It's also lacking in any Ben Folds which was surprising because he's one of my favorites, but I figured the results were skewed by the fact that his counts were split between Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five. Discovery and Kings of Convenience were both bands that I just started listening to this year. I think they're both pretty fantastic and would recommend them to almost anyone. And, the fact that Mark Mothersbaugh is on the list is pretty clear evidence of how much I love my Wes Anderson soundtracks.

1. Kings of Convenience
2. Phoenix
3. Animal Collective
4. Michael Jackson
5. Andrew Bird
6. Discovery
7. Margot and the Nuclear So & So's
8. Kaki King
9. Jens Lekman
10. Mark Mothersbaugh

(P.S. The photograph is from a table top jukebox at a great little diner that we went to this summer. I loved the times when Weezer was still good.)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I thought you were showing off those sweet Destiny's Child tunes! I think #4 would think himself in strange company ;)

    ReplyDelete